What is ferro silicon
Ferrosilicon is an ferro alloy composed of iron and silicon. The color of ferro silicon is gray. According to the content of Si, Fe, Al, etc., it is divided into different grades. The most widely used is 75% ferrosilicon. In the steelmaking industry, about 3-5 kg of 75% ferrosilicon is consumed for every 1 t of steel produced.
Ferro silicon has two kinds of blocks and powders. Common particle sizes are 0-3mm, 10-60mm, 10-100mm, etc. Manufacturers and suppliers can be customized according to user requirements.
Ferro silicon manufacturing process
The raw materials of ferrosilicon are coke, steel scrap, quartz (or silica) and the like. Smelted in an electric furnace.
Ferrosilicon is used frequently in steel making. This is because silicon reacts with oxidation to produce SiO2. Therefore, ferrosilicon can be used as a deoxidizer. At the same time, when SiO2 is formed, a large amount of heat is released. This is beneficial to increase the temperature of the molten steel.
Ferro silicon specification
Factory wholesale Ferrosilicon 65% with competitive prices
Ferro silicon 65% is a commonly used one in ferrosilicon specifications. Here, the fesi 65 is taken out separately, because our ferrosilicon has too much advantage!
Such advantages are embodied in:
1. Quality assurance. We guarantee that the silicon content of ferrosilicon 65 is at least 65%. The minimum iron content is 30%.
2. Price advantage. No manufacturer of ferro silicon 65% has an advantage over us. Source manufacturers, years of experience, we have such confidence.
So if you have product needs, please contact us! Immediately! immediately! The most cost-effective products is waiting for you!
Ferro silicon uses
Mainly used in the steel industry and foundry industry.
1. Used as a deoxidizer and alloying agent in the steelmaking industry.
To get qualified steel, deoxidation must be carried out in the final stage of steelmaking. The chemical affinity between silicon and oxygen is very high. So, ferrosilicon is a strong deoxidizer for steelmaking.
2. Used as an inoculant and spheroidizing agent in the cast iron industry.
3. Used as a reducing agent in low carbon iron alloys.
Wanhua is a ferrosilicon producer from China. Competitive prices, stable supply, contact us today!